April-October 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. 7 days a week
November-March 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. 7 days a week
Advanced reservations are preferred and required for most activities. We are limited in our capacities for several activities due to regulations set forth by the Department of Natural Resources. Other activities are limited based on our guest to guide ratios that we set forth to protect your experience and our natural resources. Many of the lodging options offered are also in limited supply. Early reservations and prompt payments are the best way to insure your preferred dates and accommodations.
All prices are per person except when stated otherwise. Youth discounts apply for those 11 and under when accompanied by at least one family member paying regular price. A 6% West Virginia sales tax and a $6.35 per person per river section River Usage / Service Fee will be added to all reservations. There will also be a $3 per person Resort Conservation fee for all other activities. A 6% Lodging Tax will be added to all lodging choices besides camping. Prices are subject to change without notice.
AOTG reserves the right to change the trip time for any adventure activity, river, river section, length of trip, boat size or number of guests per raft due to adverse or changing conditions or extremely high or low water. We also reserve the right to refuse participation of any guest who, in our judgment, is not physically or mentally capable of participating in the activity for which he or she has registered. Some activities may be delayed due to inclement weather.
Most of our activities go rain or shine, including rafting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking, paintball and others. However, if we feel that the weather (typically thunder and lightning) will hinder your safety AOTG reserves the right to cancel or postpone your adventure activity including but not limited to canopy tour, zip lines, rock climbing, horseback riding and our aerial park.
As a trip organizer, it is important that you select a trip that is appropriate for your group’s age range, ability, experience and fitness level. Use our Trip Rating System to help you determine which trip is right for your group. If you or any members of your group are significantly overweight, have medical conditions that may hinder your ability to participate or are in poor physical condition, please seek professional medical advice about the Risks of Participation in whitewater rafting and other adventure activities. Participants must accept responsibility for these risks and agree to sign a liability waiver and release prior to participation. Anyone under the age of 18 must have a waiver and release of liability form signed by his or her parent/legal guardian prior to participation in any activity.
Why We Have a Cancellation Policy
Our rafting and all other outdoor activities capacity is limited by state regulations and product guidelines. It is not uncommon for us to reach our daily maximum and have to turn others away. When we accept and confirm your reservation that portion of our limited capacity is then unavailable to other groups. Many of the costs associated with your trip are committed long before you arrive. Food, insurance, staffing, vehicle and equipment rentals are all paid in advance. These costs are unrecoverable if you cancel. For this reason, we strictly adhere to our cancellation policies. Late cancellations and no shows are therefore ineligible for any type of reimbursement.
We do offer Trip Cancellation Insurance as an option for your trip. This will protect your investment in case of medical issues, accidents, deployment or transportation delay/accident. Cancellation insurance must be purchased at the time of booking. Please refer to the details or ask your reservationist for more information.
Payments and Cancellations
Adventures On the Gorge Activities
To confirm a reservation, we require a 50% per person deposit within 14 days of making a reservation. The full balance is due 30 days prior to the first day of activity. When paying for a reservation, we recommend that the group leader collect all the money and send it in at one time. No personal checks will be accepted when you are within 21 days prior to your trip date. Payment methods accepted will be Cash, Cashier's Check, Traveler's Check, Money Order, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Adventures On the Gorge Lodging
Our deluxe lodging options are in high demand and are often reserved many months in advance. A 50% deposit is required within 14 days of making a reservation for lodging not included in a rafting package. Payment in full must be received 30 days prior to check-in. You will be required to sign a damage deposit form at check-in for all lodging options. All cancellations are subject to the Cancellation Procedures below.
All cancellations must be received in writing via USPS mail, email email@example.com with a subject line: 'cancellation request' or fax 304-574-4906. All cancellations must be made outside of the 30 days prior to the trip start date to be considered for reimbursement less a processing fee:
• $25 per person for all activities
• $50 per person for all Outback and Deluxe Cabins.
No-shows on the day of a trip or cancellations with less than 24 hours of the start date will not be considered for any reimbursement. Please view our option for Cancellation Insurance if you would like to secure your trip.
Partner Activity and Lodging Reservations
Some of our adventure activities and lodging options are booked through outside vendors, such as horseback riding, ATV tours, hotel stays and some cabin rentals. These reservations require all cancellations to be made more than 30 days prior to a trip to be considered for a refund. If you cancel with less than 30 days notice, you will be charged the full rate for the activity or night's stay.
AWVR Vacation Cancellation Insurance
A 6% cancellation insurance is applied to all in-house lodging and activities. It is not available on outside lodging or activities.
Cancelling greater than 30 days:
- If you have Insurance: Guests receive a full refund less their 6% insurance fee for all in house activities and lodging.
- If you don’t have Insurance: Guests receive a refund less $25 per person per person fee.
Cancelling less than 30 days but more than 14 days:
- If you have Insurance: Guests receives a full refund less their 6% insurance fee for all in house activities and lodging.
- If you don’t have Insurance: Guests receives rain check less the $25 per person fee. (With probable notice)
Cancelling less than 14 days:
- If you have Insurance: Guests receive a refund less their 6% insurance fee and a $25/person free for all in house activities and lodging, except deluxe cabins. Guests receive a 50% refund for in house deluxe cabins and lodging.
- If you don’t have Insurance: Total Forfeiture or Rain Check less $25 (With probable cause)
- Guests, who pay for trip cancellation insurance, are not charged for third person activities and lodging. Hence third person activities and lodging follow the non-insurance policies.
- All cancellations must be received in writing via USPS mail, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) subject “cancellation request” or faxed (304) 574-4906.
- No-shows on the day of the trip or cancellations within 24 hours of the start date will not be considered for any reimbursement.
- Cancellations of lodging and activities which are booked through outside venders may not qualify for a refund.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable.
- To qualify for the cancellation insurance program, guests must pay the 6% insurance fee at the time of the reservation.
- The fee must cover the entire reservation/package.
- Refunds are based on the person. One person can’t ask for the insurance money for the entire reservation.
- Medical, accident, deployment, transportation delay/accident
- Cancellations regarding high water, weather and trip transfers or switching rivers does do not qualify unless AOTG cancels the trip.
- A cause may cover up to two people.